Monday, March 23, 2009

New blog for me

I am starting this new blog as I couldn't bring myself to post anything more on the my old blog
after the post about my son's passing. It just didn't feel right that I should put anything else there.
It is to remain with Guy's picture and what I wrote that last time. Nothing else will be added to it.
Some of my previous crochet projects are there, too.

After Guy was killed, when I couldn't do anything else. I could still crochet and my crochet, along with good friends and family has kept me from losing my mind during the worst time of my life.

I have wanting to learn how to crochet with thread. Tried once a couple of years ago and made a huge mess! But now I managed to make a Crinoline Girl in thread. She came out better than I expected she would. The only thing is that according to the pattern she should be 8" high. Well, I used the recommended size thread and hook and my Crinoline Girl is only 5 3/4" high. Not sure what happened there, but I am happy with the way she turned out.

This is the Tickled Pink Crinoline Girl.

Here are some other things that I have completed recently.

This is Freddie the Snowman and I made him for a swap.


Go Green Market Bag


Spider Web Doily (I changed the last round on this doily). And I made it with 100% cotton yarn.

Butterfly Fridgie

Pork Butt Fridgie - this one was too cute for me to resist makint!



Spiral Scrubbie

No comments:

Post a Comment